Wednesday, April 9, 2014

don't forget to be in love

In the humdrum of the days, so routine, so unchanging, I have forgotten to be in love. I let the days swallow me up and put my myself on auto-pilot. I let my heart go slack and let my mind get lazy, trailing behind my hands and feet as they work.

Don't forget to love.

Don't forget to love the love of your life. To miss him and be excited to see him at the end of the day. Don't forget to remember your history, your story, where you've been and where you are. Remember the way his embrace erases the woes of a bad day and his laugh sends you over the moon.

Remember to feel. 

The world sends my brain into survival mode, with it's stresses and often crushing sense of overwhelming responsibility. It numbs me from the inside out. My nerves' defense, in trying to protect me, numbs me, not only to the harshness in my days, but to the goodness as well. It's a sad and isolating place to be. Remember to feel. Remember to raise the walls of defense. So much goodness is outside those walls. The brush of lips, an enveloping embrace, heart filling love.

Don't forget to love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

chime in